Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Malaysia Pasport for Sabahan : The process and the hassle

I decided to settle my Passport today. Prior to that, I went asking around on how and what's the best and most effective way to do it.
To cut story short, I went to Pusat Bandar Damansara Immigration office. Arrived around 8.30, and surprisingly I didn't have to queue up too long. I was informed that the queue would be long if I arrived after 7.30 AM. Well, as long as I didn't have to wait too long, I dont care. Hehe.
I went to get the 'Nombor Giliran'. The officer in-charge informed me that it will take 10 days (at least) to process a sabahan passport. The reason why is that they need Sabah office to gave some docs before proceed with the process. 10 days just for a work that I should say require only email+phone calls only? Damn! We are in 2008 already. There should be a good integration between Sabah and Semanjung Immigration after 50 years Merdeka. (51 in couple of days).
Its like being alienated in your own country. Sabah is Malaysia. Sabahan is malaysian. If a semenanjung person managed to get his/her passport in 1 day why shouldn't I? I am a Malaysian.
Enough said. I didn't argue with the officer though because I already expected it. After the process, the Immigration Officer gave me a letter. A notify letter with includes statement like 'permohonan Tuan/Puan akan dirujuk ke Sabah'. Why, why and why..
As a result, I need my boss' some sort ultimatum letter (surat sokongan) to expedite the process. Hell yeah!. Like they even care!?

No comments: